Friday, December 1, 2017

The New Advent Activities

With twin tweens in the house, I have a feeling our Advent Activities will be a little different this year.  Already, Sis has said she doesn't want to host the cookie-decorating party that we've had for years.  It was always a chaotic, messy, fun evening.  Bittersweet to say goodbye to it.  And I imagine that's the way some of our activities will go.  In fact, this is more "my" list than "ours" now.

There is one thing I want to try as a family--an Advent of Gratitude exercise that I saw on FB.  I think it's a thought-provoking activity in this time of abundance.  When we're done, we'll have to think of a charity to which to donate it.



Our New Advent Activities List
  1. Make wreath with boxwood branches.
  2. Put up Christmas tree.
  3. Church cookie cafe.
  4. Put up lawn decorations.
  5. Send Christmas cards.
  6. Holiday horse picture photo shoot for Sis.
  7. See new Star Wars.
  8. Attend holiday strings concert at school.
  9. Participate in Girl Scout holiday service field trip.
  10. Go to office holiday party.
  11. Celebrate my birthday.
  12. Read A Christmas Carol.
  13. Watch Little Women.
  14. Attend Bud's Pianp recital.
  15. OSV Candlelight tour.
  16. Deliver gifts to vet, etc.
  17. Keep looking for Snowy Owls.
  18. Go to church vespers service.
  19. Have holiday game night.
  20. Celebrate Solstice
  21. Put up Christmas Lego Village on table.
  22. Make gingerbread houses
  23. Bake Christmas cookies
  24. Choose a family charity for Advent of Gratitude

(For comparison:  20092010201120122013, 2014, 2015, 2016.) 

1 comment:

  1. Can I have some money back because I keep my clothes for 50 years?

    ReplyDelete