- Make wreath with boxwood branches--nope, bought one for a good cause.
- Put up Christmas tree--Done. And it looks lovely.
- Church cookie cafe--Done. Our favorites are hazelnut shortbread, cherry cookies, jam thumbprints.
- Put up lawn decorations--Done. There is a new Snowy Owl figure for this year. And they look great in the snow.
- Send Christmas cards--Done. Today. And since I've only gotten a few, I know I'm not the only one talking my time.
- Holiday horse picture photo shoot for Sis--Done. Oh, how cute the pictures are!
- See new Star Wars--yes. I'll comment later.
- Attend holiday strings concert at school--Done. Saw the first concert at the other school on Thursday (they needed extra cello and violin players); will see the concert at their school tonight.
- Participate in Girl Scout holiday service field trip--Yep, made cards with and sang to the seniors.
- Go to office holiday party--Done. The food, oh, the food.
- Celebrate my birthday--yes. With pizza, Tex-Mex chocolate cake, and HP1.
- Read A Christmas Carol--we'll be listening to the audiobook on our drive to MA.
- Watch Little Women.
- Attend Bud's Piano recital--Done. He played "Midwinter Memories," very nice.
- OSV Candlelight tour--soon.
- Deliver gifts to vet, etc.--have it ready, haven't delivered yet.
- Keep looking for Snowy Owls--DONE! We've seen two. Best. Year. Ever.
- Go to church vespers service.
- Have holiday game night--we opened a present early, Mysterium, a cross between Clue and Dixit.
- Celebrate Solstice
- Put up Christmas Lego Village on table--Done. There are a lot of horses and penguins in it this year.
- Make gingerbread houses--this might be after Christmas. I really want to try it.
- Bake Christmas cookies--yes, I made chocolate-chip snowballs and almond fantasy bars; Sis made chocolate crinkles, chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal lace, and saltine toffee.
- Choose a family charity for Advent of Gratitude--local food bank.
Wednesday, December 20, 2017
Advent Activities Continue
Making pretty good progress this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment