Friday: It was our last day at the Magic Kingdom park. After everything, we both felt like we'd just gotten to Disney World and also had always been there; it was definitely bittersweet. We started the day with Mama rushing Bud to Thunder Mountain, his all-time favorite ride--he would ride three times on Friday--and Sis and I standing in line to see Tinkerbell and Vidia, probably our longest wait of the whole trip. Bud and Mama joined us just in time to see the fairies. Vidia was funny, perhaps the only snide Disney character we met! Unfortunately, our Photo Pass pics of meeting Vidia have been lost to the ether and I was so busy juggling autograph books that I didn't take my own photo; oh, well, we did get the Tink pictures.
I can't recall the order of the day well, but we rode the Spitting Camel/Magic Carpet ride that was Sis's favorite again. We had Dole Whip Floats for breakfast. And the kids rode the Tea Cups all by themselves, which made them immensely happy--and Mama even more so! We rode the Dumbo ride and the Pooh ride and the carousel for the second time of the visit.
And at 10:30 a.m., we got in a long line for lunch at the newly-opened Be Our Guest restaurant in the Beast's castle in New Fantasyland. It was amazing! After standing in line to enter our order at the computer kiosks and scan our little red rose, we headed into the large ballroom to choose a table. It looks just like the ballroom in the movie, complete with cherubs floating in the clouds of the ceiling painting (though, they seemed more like portraits than the movie originals!). And amazingly, our rose singled the kitchen, a waiter from which found us using GPS, I suppose, and brought us our lovely meal of potato leek soup, French onion soup, vegetable quiche, braised pork, and tuna nicoise salad for Bud, plus lemon merengue cupcake and passion fruit cream puff. We then wandered into the West Wing with its wilting rose and thunderstorm, which triggered a change in the portrait of the prince into the Beast and then into the Rose Gallery with its paintings of the characters and story. I couldn't get enough. All it needed was Beauty and the Beast (but we couldn't wing reservations for the evening character dinner, even with Mama's planning.)
I rested midday while Mama took the kids on Buzz Lightyear and through the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse and Tom Sawyer Island. They loved them all, so that Sis has even gotten Swiss Family Robinson out of the library. When I returned, in my brand-new "diamond" tiara, we went to the Carousel of Progress--and the kids liked it! And memorized the song!! Then we went to the Hall of Presidents, which of course brought me to tears with its Gettysburg Address and such. We liked seeing and hearing President Obama's statue.
While Sis and I ate french fries, Bud rode Thunder Mountain twice more. Then we all watched the Electrical Light Parade and later Celebrations and the fireworks for the last time. It was a beautiful end to a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment