After about a week of being home, with no kids, and in good health, I'm finally catching up. I'm almost done with the elementary art contest I've been overseeing--the awards ceremony was last week, I've distributed the remainder of the awards, I've written up my report of pros and cons, and all I need to do is distribute the artworks when they're returned to me in May. For Brownies, we have an outline for the rest of the school year and I've even ordered all the badges! I'm settling into my hospice schedule and have been doing some reading, namely Still Alice by Lisa Genova (a touching and thought-provoking portrait of a Harvard professor's descent into early-onset Alzheimer's) and Elizabeth Kubler-Ross's iconic On Death and Dying. And with school tours starting at the end of April, I'm busy in my role at the historic house--recruiting docents, meeting with school district officials, planning trainings, and all manner of other preparations. I've even managed to make some overdue appointments (for the dentist and my annual mammogram, plus that CT scan my ENT ordered back when I got the flu) and scheduled some time to volunteer at school with math and literacy workshops.
Now if I can just make some coffee dates and such with friends . . . .
I'm with you, I was able to get so much done this week and last. So much and it feels great.! Looking forward to hearing the outcome of the art show. Are you liking On Death and Dying?
ReplyDeleteI have heard good words regarding "Turn of Mind" by Alice LaPlante, choice for night Lit.
ReplyDeleteSuggested biographies for 7 year olds by Steve Sheinkin.You have made me more aware of our over-usage of the word "death." Thanks.