After a week of having a sick child--same child, poor Sis, with a stomach virus and then a cold virus--we are all glad it is Friday and that they are both in school.
They are usually so inseparable that illness is always a trial. Now that Bud is older, he totally understood "stay away from your sister unless you want to throw up, too." But he did not quite fathom why Mama and I were busy taking care of her, though. And was desperate for his own time, or better yet, to stay home, too.
And then, when she was home with me on Tuesday and Wednesday, she kept asking when he would be home from school. "Is that the bus?" she was asking by 9:30 a.m.
He even got off the bus the first day practically in tears, "It was so lonely."
Last night was they first time they'd played together in almost a week and they had such fun with their Ninjago Legos, thirstily drinking up time together as if they'd been separate for months.
Perhaps a day or two apart is longer to twins (just like sometimes a few grumpy minutes together feels like "always" to them). Twin time.
(For more on the experience of twins, in this case in infancy--something I never got around to blogging--see the blog "Double the Trouble, Double the Fun.")
Didn't really have a comment, other than how sweet they seem to be. Mainly I wanted to see about the new word authentication that you mentioned in your comment to me. I hate it when I type (on the computer or especially on my phone) a long carefully written comment or message, only to have it disappear! I've taken to copying the message before I try to send. Right now I keep getting disconnected, so I'm for sure going to copy first! I've had to reconnect several times just while writing this comment.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy reading about their relationship, I've always been fascinated by the connection amongst twins.
ReplyDelete