We have a new bathtub game. It just to be sailing ships, then playing with the little dolphins; cups are always big, especially when I pour water down on them from way up high. And frequently we act like various marine animals.
But now we're baking.
Yep, you heard me: baking.
They have plastic drinking cups for pouring and they've started covering them with washcloths. First it was bread, then cookies. Sometimes they bake ice cream. DD prefers pumpkin spice; DS always mentions chocolate. I like both. Which is good, because I'm offered some every night. "Beep, let's look." After numerous peeks under the washcloths and declarations that it's "not ready yet," the cups go back in the soap holders in the corners of the tub to finish. They sing "pease porridge hot" or "pat-a-cake." Then the cake/pie/ice cream/cookies are ready, but "it's hot, it's hot," I'm warned.
When bathtime is over, the cups are put, washcloths in place, back in the "ovens"--"don't touch, it's hot"--and are ready for the next night.
I guess all our messy kitchen experiments are sinking in.
No comments:
Post a Comment