"Mom, why does it say 'in the name of love' on the stop sign?" Sis asked recently.
I sang a bit of the song, but you could tell that wasn't quite enough.
Then, at Disney on Ice--or was it watching Cars with them the first time--we heard another Supremes song.
The next time we were downstairs, Mama searched the iPod and lo, and behold! we had a Supremes greatest hits collection. Soon we were playing "Stop in the Name of Love," "Baby Love," "Come See About Me," "Stoned Love," "You Can't Hurry Love," "You Keep Me Hanging On" (which they recognized from "Glee"), "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" (though, that might me Diana Ross alone). And dancing all around the living room.
Now, Bud asks for "Stop in the Name of Love" every morning.
If only I could remember where we saw that stop sign so we could go back again . . . . (I bet Sis remembers!)
No comments:
Post a Comment