I just got back from the ENT to see about my continuous sinus pressure and infections. Because the pressure, headaches, and ear pain and dullness have returned, he's put me back on antibiotics and steroids, also ordering a CT scan to look at my sinuses (his scoping today revealed a deviated septum but no polyps--yay, TMI). I don't really know what comes after that. I'd love tubes in my ears so I can hear better again, but I don't think that's in the cards.
Anyway, after some experience and evidence, I've realized that dairy increases my stuffiness (I had an IgE/allergy test previously for all the inhalants like dust, mold, pollen, cats, etc but am not allergic to those). So I'm doing an elimination diet, giving up all dairy, which essentially leaves me a vegan (well, I guess I get to keep eggs, which is very un-vegan like!). I had toyed with that earlier in December before the holidays, before the sinusitis. We'll see if it helps.
But first I had a very cheesy lunch! The last for a long time.
UPDATE: A friend has recommended eliminating gluten as well. Which leaves . . . not much.
LOL on the update. It's true when you're cutting this, that, and the other thing out of your diet it feels as though we're left with nothing to eat and it takes so much more effort to plan meals. I would love to stay vegan but it was becoming so complicated to eat vegan while my family was eating everything else. (I know we talked about this) For health reason I would certainly do it. I want to get back to being vegan/vegetarian I want to commit to no meat at all. I'm interested in hearing more about the dairy elimination and if it makes a difference. Good luck.
ReplyDelete