Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Twinkies: In Memoriam?

Say goodbye to Twinkies, Ding Dongs, Cupcakes, and Wonder Bread?

Hostess has apparently filed for bankruptcy.  And though they will still be baking, this might mean the end of America's love-to-hate, hate-to-love sugary indulgence soon.  I haven't had one in years (well, a fried Twinkie at a fair once . . . because you have to try it to believe it.  Eh.), but liked them as a child--the orange cupcakes were my all-time favorites.  I haven't let the kids have them.  And now they might never get to try one.  Part of me feels like they've lost out on childhood just a bit.  Maybe we'll need to have a nostalgic run to the corner store this weekend . . . they'll keep til the kids are older, right?!

1 comment:

  1. I can't remember the last time I had a Hostess product. I hope I get the chance to try a deep fried Twinkie before they stop making them. It's one of those things I feel as though I should try! Crazy!! And yes I believe they will last till our kids are grown and beyond. HA!

    ReplyDelete