Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Things That Make You Go "Hmmm"

Did anyone else notice that, despite the national blackout, Wikipedia's mobile site worked all day today?

2 comments:

  1. This matter of copyright is far from simple. I have suffered from theft of intellectual property to the point where I keep things to myself until I have got a reasonable profit from my idea. Others take a different view, a man over here invented in about 1953 a device to help children learn to swim, we called them 'Brickettes' after the inventor, they are now generally called armbands, Mr Brick deliberately did not patent the idea saying that he wanted as many as possible to learn swimming safely. Makes you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recall another case, an explosives demolition expert I knew was asked to remove a building but the owners, the UK government insisted that he set out his modus operanda, he declined on the grounds that once the owners knew what to do they would call in the army and get the job done for nothing. The owners gave way and he got paid. He was an unlucky man, his son was killed when throen from his motorcycle on to the tonneau of a car at low speed, that upset the sister who went off the rails morally.

    ReplyDelete