Friday, January 20, 2012

Here

Not sure I have much to type.  I've spent the day researching the history of the Paugusetts along the Housatonic, especially during the 18th century and spoke to a Native-American storyteller who had some valuable insights, information, and contacts.  And I have fielded several kind email from our first church family, who are responding to our membership resignation with kindness and support.  Each email brings me to tears.  Mama Hungry tells me that I can take away from our first church the love of our community and forget the negative.  It's quite a legacy, even if it is still time to change.  Finally, I'm waiting for snow.  I keep hearing that it's coming, with guesses from a couple of inches to 7".  I really doubt seven.  But I can almost smell the cold metallic signs of snow, the way I can always smell a good rainstorm.  I'm definitely excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment