Someone in Bud's class had a birthday today and brought favor bags in honor of the occasion. And there was one of those tile games in the mix. Bud, who loves the game Rush Hour, where you move all the cars around to get one off the block, was immediately intrigued. And better than I ever was. He had 1-2-3 lined up while I was making lunch. Soon the 4-7 string. In fact, he got all the way to 10 before it was intractable. And then all the tiles burst out. I put them back, first in numerical order--because Mama told me there are orders that are unsolvable--and then mixed them up. He had the full run done in no time. And I can't even do the first line. Or Rubix's cubes, which are no doubt down the line . . . .
Monday, October 25, 2010
Tiles
Someone in Bud's class had a birthday today and brought favor bags in honor of the occasion. And there was one of those tile games in the mix. Bud, who loves the game Rush Hour, where you move all the cars around to get one off the block, was immediately intrigued. And better than I ever was. He had 1-2-3 lined up while I was making lunch. Soon the 4-7 string. In fact, he got all the way to 10 before it was intractable. And then all the tiles burst out. I put them back, first in numerical order--because Mama told me there are orders that are unsolvable--and then mixed them up. He had the full run done in no time. And I can't even do the first line. Or Rubix's cubes, which are no doubt down the line . . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment