Friday, May 25, 2012

In Memoriam

For Memorial Day weekend this year, I share with you a touching post and photo as a reminder of the meaning behind the holiday.

(See here for one perspective on honoring the holiday despite being a pacifist.)

2 comments:

  1. That was quite moving. Thank you for providing the link. I do remember seeing the photo somewhere.

    The writer's description of the respect shown to the young soldier reminded me of a very touching movie, "Taking Chance", that starred Kevin Bacon as an officer who volunteers to take a fallen soldier to his home. It follows the final journey of a fallen soldier and chronicles the deep respect shown at every stop along the way. It was so beautifully done. I highly recommend the movie, but be prepared to weep almost continuously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. I had tears in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete