Thursday, May 24, 2012

Kidbits



I was reviewing Bud's progress report with him earlier this week and, when I got to the part about the poetry and non-fiction unit, he said, "Poetry is my favorite genre!"

-=-=-=-=-=-

On Sunday during the children's lesson, Bud raised his hand to answer that Jesus was the figure in the Bible who spoke about light, which songwriters adapted to "This Little Light of Mine."  We had been surprised that Bud knew that because he's not nearly as interested in Jesus as Sis is (Sis loves the Nativity, not so much Easter; though, when she was much younger, she thought the Resurrection was when Jesus became the Easter Bunny!).  So we asked him.  And he said, "Well, I knew he was in the Bible . . . and he's religious!"


-=-=-=-=-=-


After performing his kung fu forms for his school and receiving many congratulations, Bud told us he was embarrassed and it "made me flattered!"




No comments:

Post a Comment