Are you singing the song yet?
It's rather like Catholics and the Nicean Creed; get them started with "I believe in one God" and they can't stop!
We watched Sound of Music over the weekend, one hour each day. They recognized several of the songs and thoroughly enjoyed the show. I realized that the first half is better than the second half, especially for kids. The songs are mostly reprises towards the end. And then there are the Nazis. Try explaining Hitler, the swastika, WWII, the Anschluss, and/ or the Nazis to 6-year olds. So we did our best (Hitler was bad--no UU first principle there. People were influenced by him, like Rolfe, and so the Nazis took over Austria. There was a war, which Capt. von Trapp didn't want to fight for the Nazis because he loved Austria) and wished they would "Climb Ev'ry Mountain" already. All's well that ends well, the movie, I mean.
Three days later, the kiddos were still humming the songs.
We think we'll watch King and I or My Fair Lady next.
No comments:
Post a Comment