Tuesday, September 20, 2011

True to Myself

I've lost about eight pounds on my diet in the last six weeks or so, but I'm giving it up.  Eating prepared, processed, fake food just doesn't appeal to me anymore.  And even though one of my major goals is weight loss, it's not my only health goal . . . and the diet is not in line with my beliefs and values.  There's too much soy, too many chemicals, too many fake sugars.  I've had an upset stomach.  It's not a model I want to project for my kids.  And so, in talking to Mama Hungry, we're going back to our vegan, whole foods diet, especially now that I am better able to cook.  It's more work but also more "us."  And I imagine the weight will follow (I lost five in two weeks the last time).  And that will be the bonus to feeling good about what I'm eating.

2 comments:

  1. In the end it is simple, eat more, exercise less, buy larger clothes. Since exercise is not really an option there is only one thing left, sorry about that but you have shed 8 pounds, get off say 1 pound a month and you will be a sylph in no time. Perhaps not a sylph but back where you want to be.

    ReplyDelete