Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Night Shift

My slumberless night is over.  Not because I'm going to sleep--I imagine I'll nap later--but because night is over.  The wind and rain have stopped with the brightening of rosy-fingeredu dawn (though, it's more gray than pink).  The birds are even singing a cheerful tune.  Gommie just got up to fetch a cuppa; the munchkins will be up in 30 minutes.

Even sleepless, it wasn't a bad night... no stress, fear, or pain.  And I wasn't up sick myself (hang in there, Mama Teacher), with a sick child or young baby, working the night shift, or anything else trying or tiring.  In fact, I got a lot done....meditating, reading, emailing, blogging, thinking.  And unlike anyone else, I am lucky to pretty much have nothing to do (or that I can do on bed rest) all day.

Not a bad night's work....

1 comment:

  1. what a stormy night it was! glad you are "hanging in there".

    ReplyDelete