So, I've been having some struggles on WW recently but I'm still going and committed to it. I liked Saturday's meeting because instead of focusing on exercise or portions, we talked food. I was shocked to add up the points (for those of you who don't know WW, each food has a points value. You get so many points a day--for instance, right now, I get 27. There's another plan, too--Core--it's a lot like South Beach). Even with the healthier, kiddo-friendly menu, the meal adds up to 3/4 of my daily allowance easily. Good thing it's the only meal we eat that day!
I came away with some new recipes and lower calorie versions of favorites. I think we're adapting the stuffing recipe for the kiddos (i.e. GF bread crumbs and/or a box of wild rice) and maybe the pumpkin fluff (get this, by loading it with fat and real sugar to avoid the fake stuff). Otherwise, our menu is much as I listed a few posts ago--heavy on the veggies, light on anything starchy. With only the sweet potatoes exactly the same.
Happy Turkey Day!
-=-=-=
Bavarian Cream--3 pts (you know, I hope I copied this down right)
Whip 3 egg whites. Fold into prepared pudding. Mix as trifle with 24 ladyfingers and 3 1/2 cups berries. Try these combos: vanilla pudding with orange sections; white chocolate pudding with raspberries; chocolate pudding with strawberries.
Pumpkin Fluff--2 pts
8 oz ff cool whip
1 pkg butterscotch or cheesecake pudding
15 1/2 oz pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Mix.
Banana Split Cake--4 pts
Vanilla pudding
ff graham cracker crust
1 sliced banana
1 cup strawberries
1/2 cup pineapple, crushed I think
1 container ff cool whip
Make vanilla pudding with 1 1/2 cup milk. Pour into graham cracker crust. Layer banana, strawberries, and pineapple. Spread with cool whip. Refrigerate. 4 servings.
Debbie's Dressing--2 pts
2 packages mushrooms
1 big onion
1 whole package celery
low sodium chicken stock
appx 2 cups stuffing (1/2 Pepperidge Farm bag)
Saute veggies in chicken stock. Add stuffing. Bake. Serving is 1 cup.
Other interesting tidbits:
You can substitute ff evaporated milk for heavy cream; 1 egg and 3 whites for 3 eggs; 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa for 1 oz baking chocolate.
Try making mashed potatoes with a mix of potatoes and cauliflower, mixed with skim milk and sour cream.
Green bean casserole made with all ff ingredients has 3 pts a serving.
A Bertucci's roll has 9 points!!!!
And totally unrelated to Thanksgiving, a crockpot recipe:
Cheesy Chicken Crockpot--5 pts
2 lbs boneless skinless breasts
2 cans ff cream of mushroom soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Combine and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment