Friday, August 24, 2007

Strike Two

Alas, we made another treat today--for our church playgroup this afternoon. Blondies, with raisins instead of chocolate chips. Again the dough was well-received by DS and DD. And then I watched the bars bake. Well, fry might be more like it. The recipe called for a cup of oil. Sounded like a lot but then this gluten-free, vegan, soy-free baking is never exactly what I'm used to so I measured the cup. And later watched the whole dish of blondies bubble in oil. By the time they cooled, they were rock solid, like candy, not like cookie bars. I managed to scrape a few chewable pieces out for DD, who had been eagerly awaiting the bars' completion. And she loved them! Even with oil dripping down her chin and soaking through her napkin. DS, however, wouldn't even touch his bar o'oil and chose green grapes instead. Next time, I'll use applesauce instead.

I guess tomorrow is another day. I'd like to at least draw a walk. Even if it means I get hit in the head with the ball.

(**Thanks to DP for the baseball analogy; I'm more of a football girl myself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment