Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Ready!

We're ready for more snow.

Even if it's 4 or 6 or even 10 or more inches.

I have milk (though, there was obviously an early run on it), bread, eggs, yogurt, chocolate, sweetened condensed milk and chocolate syrup for snow ice cream, taco makings, stroganoff makings, curry makings, extra mac and cheese and noodle soup and even Ramen.

We have bubbles and food coloring and DVDs and all of our usual toys, etc., and maybe even Valentines makings.  Then there's snow:  snow forts, snowballs, snowmen, snow angels, even sledding (they went down the BIG hill recently; I couldn't even watch.)  Plenty of stuff we can do.

Sure, it's cold and, sure, they haven't had a full week of school yet this calendar year if I remember correctly; sure, I don't have to go out in it unless I want to (though, my fear of slipping on ice and driving in snow also keeps me stuck at home.)  Frozen and the Winter Olympics have me in the mood for snow.  And just reading this article in the NYTimes about the possible disappearance of snow this century, made me treasure this seasonal miracle.

So I say, bring it!  We're ready and I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jamie, wish I could feel the same way. All i feel is trapped! I love the first few and the unexpected no school because of snow, but its getting old. Though the thought of no snow some day is quite depressing to say the least. I still like snow just not so much of it....Oh and having two kids home the past two days has kept me from the stores when I get there Im afraid there will be slim pickings...

    ReplyDelete