Monday, January 9, 2012

My Turn

First Gommie and  Pop caught it and suffered a painful flight home with bursting ears, which still hurt a week later.  Then Mama got it, becoming sicker with a cold than I have seen her in our nearly 18 years together.

And now, as of waking up at 5 am with a hot throat, stuffed nose, and burning eyes, I have it.

Gargling, saline mist, extra vitamin C, chicken soup (literally, no vegetarian qualms here), washing hands, tea with honey, and a call to the doctor who saw me for a well visit on Thursday . . .  and I'm feeling mediocre.

And nervous.  It was my last cold, that morphed into bronchial asthma, that precipitated the late-night-while-I-was-asleep disc herniation/pelvic joints event that left me unable to sit.  Don't really want to do that again.

So, as I'm reading Larry Dossey's Healing Words on medicine and prayer, I'll ask you to send good vibes, wishes, prayers our way . . . .

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely...good thoughts and positive energy heading your way. Wayne, meanwhile, has been coughing his lungs out for several days...making me want to close the door so I can't hear him.

    I just finished 11/22/63, by Stephen King. Did I tell you that already? I told someone. Anyhooo, I really enjoyed it. It wasn't one of his eerie, scary books. I read the 850 pages in under a week...very fast for me. It involves stepping through a time portal and changing the events of 11/22/63.

    Meanwhile...get better soon. I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending my wish for you to feel well soon.

    ReplyDelete