Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Weather-Update Update

Turns out it probably isn't an accident at the top of the hill but some kind of power line problem. There has been a digger and several electric company trucks on our street. I'm betting a pole is down (not just a line or they wouldn't need the digger/frontloader/thingy). Luckily, we still have power. Though, I've warned the kiddos, who remember losing power during THE storm, that the lights might go out while they are fixing other people's power. They were nervous for a bit until I turned off all the lights anyway and it is still bright because of the daylight, such as it is.

But we've got soup on the stove and applesauce in a pot. We had misplaced Sis's book on apples (and cute little bunnies) by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace and rediscovered it this morning while sorting the book case. Luckily, I had cider and maple syrup on hand to make the "surprise" recipe in the back of the book. So, all is well here. Except the applesauce isn't ready yet!

-=-=-=-=-

"Surprise" Applesauce
  1. Wash 6 apples.
  2. Peel the apples.
  3. Ask an adult to sice or dice the peeled apples. Put the apples in a pot.
  4. Add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
  5. Add 1/4 cup of apple cider.
  6. Ask an adult to bring it to a boil. Shake in cinnamon. Reduce heat to a simmer, stir, and cook until soft. It should cook about 20 minutes.

Apples, Apples, Apples by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment