Monday, March 23, 2020

It's Day 2

It's the beginning of Day 2, though I was up hours ago.  Not sure why.

Checked in with friends online.  Did my first round of school work; an online video needs to be fixed and so I'm stalled for a bit.

So, I'm thinking.  We do most of our schoolwork and office work during the day, and then share dinner and the evening together.  The kids and Mama have a new videogame--Animal Crossing New Horizons, I think--which is very absorbing for them.  I've been crocheting.

But I'm trying to think of things we like to do as a family that we can also do when we have screen fatigue (yes, it does occasionally happen.)


  • foosball--yes, we have a foosball table on our front porch, of all places
  • ping pong--we have a kit that can temporarily transform our dining room table
  • we already did chalk the walk, but I might keep that up
  • scootering and bikes
  • some gardening when the time comes
  • (yes, they have more chores these days, but that's no fun.)
  • Dungeons and Dragons (we're mid-campaign and haven't gotten back to it.)
  • games--okay, I don't like games, but I'll put this here anyway
  • cooking and baking
  • origami and other crafts
  • look at old photo albums
And for myself, when they're playing videogames:

  • crocheting
  • Zentangling
  • embroidery--finish WIP
  • watercolor book
  • backyard birdwatching
  • Nature journalling online class
  • Radical compassion online class
  • Raptor Identification online class (yes, I like online classes; I'm halfway through most of these and then the semester started)
  • if I'm really out of ideas:  Backyard Feeder Birds Identification online class (which I am awful at; took it once and am still awful.)


Ok, it's a start.


No comments:

Post a Comment