Monday, July 28, 2008

Summertime . . .

. . . and the living is easy.

But almost not. Several things today have been off kilter. First thing this morning, Sis and I collided while playing "bears in the cave" in my big bed and I came away with a hole in my lip that bled for 15 minutes.

And when Mama went out to her car this morning, which was in the street because we'd forgotten to switch it, she realized it had been egged. So off to the police station she went to file a report for insurance, in case the paint is ruined. But, it makes you wonder, was it more than a random egg? There is a rainbow sticker on the car. But probably not. Right?

Then, this afternoon, I lost my keys somewhere outside in the grass. Can't find them for the life of me.

I read in the paper about the attack on the UU church and realized it could just have easily been the service we attended yesterday.

But, then, the neighbors down the street put up a lemonade stand. And for hours they sold lemonade and cookies to help an impoverished family in their church's parish. After resttime, we headed outside and got some lemonade and cookies, and stayed for a long time talking to the girls, who seem to grow almost as fast as my twins. It was a delightful, neighborhood-friendly kind of way to spend a hot, lazy summer afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment