Friday, October 5, 2007

You are What You Eat

The babes have a new food in their repetoire--fried rice. We first had it last Saturday when DP was gone all day sailing and I wanted something different for dinner. They can have the little bit of egg in it--they are obsessed with scrambled eggs and ask for them at every meal--and we just ask for no soy sauce. And, as with the mixed veggie bags, they can pick among the rice, chicken, peas, carrots, and onions for their favorite bits.

So today, we announced that we were going to have Chinese food. And DD starts dancing around the kitchen, "Chinese food! Chinese food!" and wanting to instill in her some connection to it, perhaps some pride (though DP doesn't think much of American fried rice), I said, "yes, and you are Chinese."

And she said, "I am Chinese food."

No comments:

Post a Comment