Since then, we've watched many sports, particularly ones we don't know well.
- We like rugby and marveled at how they pick each other up. We saw several women's sevens games. I remembered a lot of history of the school of Rugby, Thomas Arnold, Muscular Christianity, Samuel Smiles, and later WWI from my research into the paintings of boys fighting from William Mulready in the 1830s. Mama and the kids were kinda surprised.
- Fencing was fun. We saw epee and foil, which I did a little of in college--enough to try to explain parry, riposte, and right of way. But these fencers move so fast that we could hardly see the touches in slow motion!
- Sis really liked dressage and enjoyed identifying the types of horses for us.
- both trap shooting and air rifle
- white-water canoeing
- both mens and women's gymnastics
- synchronized diving--mercy, those Chinese women divers!
- some handball and water polo and field hockey
- and we won't be watching any golf or basketball
And there's so much more to look forward to.