Yep, we're making Christmas plans.
You'll never believe this: we're going to Bangkok!
After lots of discussion about timing--the complicated health of my in-laws (Ma's sight is going again, with no more corrective surgeries available), the increased difficulty of school as the kids get older, even the weather in Thailand--we decided. We'll all go to Thailand to see where Ma and Gong grew up, the culture, especially food and religion, that influences the family, a place Mama remembers in her childhood and dreams.
I know, I know, two international trips in one year, plus a week at Audubon Camp (and a few other camps for the kids), and a trip to Texas sometime in the next school year. It's a lot. But it means so much.
We have so very much to learn before then, though I don't think we'll be trying Thai at all. There's more to it than the King and I (which is actually banned and could get you arrested.)
I can't believe we're going.
No comments:
Post a Comment