When I started naming my dragons, I had no idea how hooked I'd become. My first dragons were named after women in my favorite fandoms--Star Wars, LOTR, Star Trek, Marvel, Harry Potter. But then I ran low on names, so I did favorite book characters, inspiring historical figures, ancestors, etc. I stuck with female names, so I guess it's a gynocentric dragon world. Indeed, it's hard not to repeat a name and to think of new ones. Looking at the list, I see I am much better at choosing fictional characters than historical people as my heroes and inspirations. I should think on that. Though, if I were to do historical names, there are a lot of Janes, Elizabeths, and the like.
I even interrupted my post to check my dragons. I have a Double XP boost right now, helping me to level up. Don't I sound like I know what I'm talking about? That's part of the point, to give me some common computer game ground. Helps that it's fun, too.
My Dragons
- Abby, Swamp--Ghostbusters
- Abigail, Cave--Adams
- Agent May, Poison--"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."
- Alex, Plains--"Supergirl"
- Alice P, Smolder--Paul
- Angela, Thicket--Lansbury
- Anne, Salamander--of Green Gables
- Arleene, Spark--family
- Artemisia, Inferno--artist
- Arwen, Sulfur--LOTR
- Audra, Root--Macdonald
- Beatrice, Magnetic--Shakespeare
- Berthe, Promethium--artist
- Blackwell, Bone--Dr. Elizabeth
- Bobbi, Blazing--"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."
- Buffy, Evergreen--"the Vampire Slayer"
- Caddy, Quicksilver
- Cagney, Fungus--"Cagney and Lacey"
- Catherine, Rust
- Charlotte, Scorch--Cushman, artist
- Claire, Forest--Outlander
- Daisy, Rain--"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."
- Demeter, Copper--Greek god
- DrCrusher, Storm--ST:TNG
- Dolly, Trench--Parton
- Donna, Thunder--"Doctor Who"
- Dory, River Dragon--Finding Dory
- Dot, Scoria--"Miss Fisher's Mysteries"
- Eliza, Fog--Hamilton
- Elphaba, Willow--Wicked
- Emily, Luminous--Indigo Girls
- Eowyn, Blazing Gale--LOTR
- Eponine, Chrome--Les Miz
- Fanett, Mirage--teacher
- Felicity, Feast--"Arrow"
- Fidelma, Hypnotic--mystery books
- Frances, Seaweed--aunt
- Frida, Pollen--Kahlo
- Frigga, Quake--Marvel movies
- George E, Glacier--Eliot, author
- Georgia, Sandstorm--O'Keefe
- Glinda, Air--Wicked
- Gwen, Crystal--"Merlin"
- Harriet J, Bubble--"Doctor Who"
- Harriet T, Ruin--Tubman
- Helen K, Lightning--Keller
- Hermione, Flower--Harry Potter
- Hestia, Miasma--Greek Gods
- Hildegard, Ivy--saint
- Hillary, Ash--Clinton
- Holtzman, Iron--Ghostbusters
- Idgie, Ice--Fried Green Tomatoes
- Idina, Shimmer--Menzel
- Inara, Tree--"Firefly"
- Irene A, Crypt--Sherlock Holmes
- Janeway, Plant--ST:Voyager
- Jax, Ortreat--"Robin Hood"
- Jyn Erso, Nightshade--Rogue One
- Juliette, Molten--Gordon Low, Girl Scouts
- Judi D, Phantom--Dench
- Kara, Iron Blossom--"Supergirl"
- Kate L-S, Water--"Doctor Who"
- Katherine, Halo--Hepburn
- Katniss, Smoke--Hunger Games
- Kaylee, Orchid--"Firefly"
- Kepchar, Glare--teacher
- Lady Jane, Sonic--history
- Lady Mary, Coral--"Downton Abbey"
- Lady Sif, Icy Torrent--Marvel movies
- Lagertha, Lava--"Vikings"
- Laura I W, Tempest--Ingalls Wilder
- Lily, Steel--Tomlin
- Lisa R, Trick--professor
- Lizzie, Nectar--Pride and Prejudice
- Louisa MA, Blizzard--May Alcott
- Lucretia, Gamma--Borgia
- Luna, Meteor--Harry Potter
- Lysistrat, Earth--Greek play
- Mac, Lodestone--"Miss Fisher's Mysteries"
- McGonagal, Cold--Harry Potter
- Maggie S, Glass--Smith, actress
- Manie, Meadow--grandmother
- Maria H, Geode--Marvel movies
- Marian, Cactus--Music Man
- Marmee, Palladium--Little Women
- Martha, Lotus--"Doctor Who"
- MaryS, Dungeon--Shelley
- MaryC, Malachite--Cassatt
- Mathma, Ooze--Star Wars
- Maya, Radiant--Angelou
- Me, Metal--"Doctor Who"
- Meg, Brass--Little Women
- Meryl, Wind--Streep
- Mildred, Frostfire--grandmother
- Minerva, Light--Greek goddess
- Molly, Obsidian--Harry Potter
- Nyssa, Harest--"Arrow"
- Paisan, Glass--comic
- Patricia, Plasma--professor
- Paula, Conch--aunt
- Pema, Ember--Chodron
- Petrella, Bubble--teacher
- Phryne, Howl--"Miss Fisher's Mysteries"
- Prudence, Hail--"Miss Fisher's Mysteries"
- RiverSong, Pepper--"Doctor Who"
- Ro, Dark--ST:TNG
- Rose, Heat--"Doctor Who"
- Roslin, Snow--"Battlestar Galactica"
- Ruth, Iceberg--Fried Green Tomatoes
- Sam, Mirror--"Foyle's War"
- Sarah J, Arctic--"Doctor Who"
- Scarlett, Mud--GWTW
- Schackett, Mine--teacher
- Scully, Fire--"X-Files"
- Shane, Forge--"L Word"
- Sharon, Lagoon--Salzberg, Buddhist teacher
- Sigourney, Firefly--Weaver
- Simmons, Vortex--"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."
- Sojourner, Glacier--Truth
- Starbuck, Mountain--"Battlestar Galactica"
- Stoner, Flash--mysteries
- Sukie, Dark--"Gilmore Girls"
- Susan B, Watch--Anthony
- Thyme, Acid--"Rosemary & Thyme"
- Trelawney, Moss--Harry Potter
- Vita, Garden--Sackville-West
- Willow, Lichen--"Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
- Wilma, Nosferatu--Deering of "Buck Rogers"
- Zoe, Sand--"Firefly"
- Agent 13, Delight--Marvel Movies
- Alice, Double Rainbow--Austen
- Amy, Bronze--Indigo Girls
- Angelica, Snowy Bronze--Hamilton
- Antigone, Omen--Greek tragedy
- Arietty, Summer--The Borrowers
- Ashildr, Bizurian--"Doctor Who"
- Athena, Thunderbolt--Greek goddess
- Belle, Serenity--Beauty and the Beast
- Bette, Rainbow--Middler
- Billie Jean, Double Rainbow--King
- Carolyn V, Ironwood--professor
- Clara, Sun--"Doctor Who"
- Clara B, Moon--Barton
- Cordelia, Nightbloom--Shakespeare
- Eleanor, Gold--Roosevelt
- Elizabeth, Solar Eclipse--queen
- Ellen, Rainbow--Degeneres
- Elsa, Snowflake--Frozen
- Emmeline, Sanguinite--Pankhurst
- Fantine, Bizurian--Les Miz
- Florence, Autumn--Nightingale
- Francile, Sapphire--relative
- Frevisse, Snowy Bronze--mysteries
- Gabrielle, Rainbow--"Xena, Warrior Princess"
- Galadriel, Opal--LOTR
- Geena, Prism--Davis
- Gertrude, Rainbow--Stein
- Guinan, Electrum--ST:TNG
- Hartley, Snowy Silver--"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."
- Helen M, Snowflake--Mirren
- Helena, Dawnbringer--Bonham Carter
- Jo, Silver--Little Women
- Joan B, Bronze--professor
- Lacey, Moon--"Cagney and Lacey"
- Leia, Nebula--Star Wars
- Martina, Moon--Navratilova
- Maz, Nebula--Star Wars
- Melanie, Melancholy--GWTW
- Merida, Lacewing--Brave
- Moana, Silver Olympus--Disney
- Morgana, Amber--"Merlin"
- Mulan, Bismuth
- Nan, Bronze--Tipping the Velvet
- Nat, Snowy Silver--Marvel movies
- Osgood, Snowflake--"Doctor Who"
- Peggy C, Chrysalis--Marvel movies
- Portia, Nightmare--Shakespeare
- Prim, Ornamental--Hunger Games
- Radclyffe, Rainbow--Hall
- Rey, Nebula--Star Wars
- Rosemary, Valor--"Rosemary and Thyme"
- Sappho, Prism--poet
- Skye, Polarian--"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."
- Tasha Yar, Flicker--ST:TNG
- Tauriel, Gold--LOTR
- Whoopi, Seasonal--Goldberg
- Victoria, Bronze--queen
- Xena, Double Rainbow--"Xena, Warrior Princess"
- Zelda, Seasonal--video game (Bud's request)
Names to Consider
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Sonia Sottmayor
- Elena Kagan
- Sandra Day O'Connor
- Carrie Chapman Catt
- Alva Vanderbilt
- Dorothea D (or Middlemarch)
- Jane A
- Emma Goldman
- Emily Dickinson
- Amy Lowell
- Grisabella, Cats
- Lady Violet
- Anne B
- Jane Seymour
- Catherine
- Elizabeth
- Anne Cleves
- Troi
- Eva WS
- Sylvia
- Vigee Lebrun
- Sylvia Boorstein
- Jane Eyre
No comments:
Post a Comment