So, right now, we're planning
- Chex mix appetizer
- turkey (spatchcocked by Mama)
- dressing (make 1 1/2 batches so Bud can have some for oyster stuffing)
- green bean casserole
- sweet potato casserole
- creamed spinach (Boston Market)
- dinner rolls--I could even make and freeze these now.
- canned cranberry sauce (storebought)
- fresh cranberry sauce
- apple pie (storebought)
This leaves out mashed potatoes, two extra cranberry sauces, two other pies, a couple of other appetizers, and the extra vegetarian side dish I had been making. (Most of my Thanksgiving recipes are here.)
That's rational me.
In ambitious moments, I ponder making the pecan pie truffles and brandied pumpkin pie in the NYTimes and Durgin Park "Indian" pudding.
That's rational me.
In ambitious moments, I ponder making the pecan pie truffles and brandied pumpkin pie in the NYTimes and Durgin Park "Indian" pudding.
No comments:
Post a Comment