Saturday, January 24, 2015
Our Magician
Bud has entered his magic phase. Always latent, it blossomed into a full phase right before and then because of the Big Apple Circus. It consists mainly of card tricks, though now he's also making coins move around. He has a few books, follows some sites like ellusionist, and trades tricks with his friends at school; they do card tricks during indoor recess. He even makes up some of his own. And while I might be able to figure out some of his tricks either because I know them or the deception is not completely hidden, there have been a few card ones that absolutely stump me. (We're teaching him not to show us again and again, which would give us a chance to figure it out.) And he'll get smoother with his sleights of hand. What he absolutely has down is the magician's showy, distracting banter. "Pick a card, any card. See I have nothing in my hand. Now, I haven't touched the deck since you cut it. I couldn't have done a thing . . . ." And he just looks in your eye and smiles and moves his hands around. And even if I know the trick, I fall for the show every time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment