Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Dentist Despair

In about 30 minutes, I have to pick up the kids early for dentist's appointments--I think I'm dreading it as much as they are.  I have dentist phobia myself, after years of childhood cavities, and the kids have gotten my teeth (and Pop's.)  Gommie loves the dentist, having had little work done.  The rest of us aren't that lucky.

The kids aren't great brushers.  I'm a good enough mom to worry about it but not good enough to stand over them twice a day to insist on better brushing anymore!  I mean, they're 8 1/2.  And they love to skip brushing or brush without paste.  Ugh.  I finally lost it a week or two ago, probably in anticipation of the looks the hygienists will give me today, and told them it wasn't just because I liked to nag them--that if they got cavities from not brushing, the dentist would have to give them a shot in their gums and then drill!!!  I almost had them in tears.  And didn't really mean to be that mean.

Not that it worked . . . .

Wish them, and me, luck today.

I'm probably overdue for my own cleaning, too.

1 comment:

  1. I did not become a regular brusher until I was about 60 when I bought an electric brush. It does a good job and vibrates to tell you it is time to stop.


    Other people give up, buy expensive implants and look the world in the face.

    Dont despaire, they are only 8 1/2

    ReplyDelete