Quite literally, my hands were tied.
Bud was experimenting with his own string game.
String games are the new interest around here: Eiffel Tower. Cup and Saucer. Cat's Cradle. Jacob's Ladder. Truthfully, I didn't even know they had names. Or that there were so many of them. I only really knew the trap-and-release one. Apparently, Mama played these games for hours with her grandparents and remembers most of them, pinching and pulling up and down--funny how you can learn knew things about your spouse so many years on.
Both kids are interested, though Sis--and this should be no surprise--follows the directions, while Bud learns a figure and then makes up his own variations. Hence my tied hands.
In fact, it's given me an idea to add string games to our historic house activity centers. Yes, I have tours on the brain--they started yesterday. Maybe Sis and Bud can teach string games this summer at some of our programs!
Fun! Cat's Cradle was my favorite as a kid.
ReplyDelete