No, I said.
"Then I like to eat meat. Just like Mama."
-=-=-=
The kids are obsessed with where babies come from. They have liked hearing stories about when they were babies but now they're taking it back a step. They ask about their births. So, the other day, I showed them my C-section scar and explained what happened (though, we have yet to really venture into how babies go in there to begin with). Bud wanted to know if it was dark in there, if he could see. I said it was dark; he thought I should put in some lights! Sis was a bit disappointed--she wanted to know that we had gone to the baby store and selected her specifically. I did try to explain that people have children in many different ways and, while adoption doesn't quite work like a "baby store" anymore, some people don't birth their babies. But we all love them, just the same. And today at the doctor's office we looked at the "body parts book," which has diagrams of the human body, organs, skeleton, etc. They love the ear page, the "poop page," and the penis and vagina page. And there was a uterus and a vaginal opening and more discussions of babies. And of staples--Bud was intrigued that I was stapled closed just like he was (well, I said staples, I think they were stitches). Did it keep me together? He's nervous about his head but seemed happy that I understood staples. When we got home, they even played out their birth in a cardboard box. They both climbed in and had me open it up and pull them out. "We're your babies!"
Then they climbed in and asked to be "born again." How do you explain to 4 year olds that UUs don't do "born again"?
I can remember asking my mother where I came from and she showed me a scar, or said it was. Now I want to get the hospital records and find out the truth out of vulgar curiosity. How do they remove those clips?
ReplyDeleteSee you.