Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Day is Done

We were eating dinner and I looked out of our west-facing kitchen sink window.  It was golden yellow, but not much else; still, pretty.  A few minutes later, "Yellow . . . pink.  Purple!  I'm going to look at the sunset if anyone wants to join me."

I picked up my camera phone and headed out the front door, two kiddos behind me.  We stood admiring the colors which were rather quickly deepening.  As the sunset continued, we headed up the hill, taking pictures and enjoying the view as we went.  Though, as the kids hadn't put on shoes before we left, they were also thinking about their cold bare feet on the street (we don't have sidewalks . . . and there's no real grass yet.)

It was one of the prettiest sunsets I've ever seen here.

So I sang as the colors faded into night.

And Bud said, "And now someone else gets to enjoy it, too."













1 comment:

  1. Nice pics.
    We are enjoying sahara sand in the atmosphere along with northern european pollution and some of our own. Stuff which normally goes west over the Atlantic landing in NYC and Ct, hence your nice sunsets which we should have had.

    ReplyDelete