Monday, March 5, 2012

My Next Epic Win

I haven't posted about Super Better much recently, both because my usage of it waned a bit after Christmas and because they are revamping the site and will introduce a new one soon.  Until then, I want to do a little Super Better bit here, because I have a new "Epic Win":  in a month or so, I'm going to a formal meditation class!  I'm very excited but also a bit nervous.  That's where Super Better comes in.

Epic Win:  Meditation class (1/2 day)

Allies:  Mama Hungry; family and friends; my faithful blog readers; my physical therapist; my minister; Toni Bernhard (author of How to Be Sick); the staff and teacher at the class

Bad Guys:  anxiety; fatigue; ruminating; discomfort;  isolation; unfamiliarity

Quests (in preparation for the Epic Win):

  • walk on the treadmill 45 minutes everyday
  • do my PT stretches and exercises everyday
  • meditate everyday
  • work on getting up and down off the floor with PT, if she says ok (I can't do this at all right now)
Power-Ups (pick-me-ups):
  • "Born this Way" and other songs on my hits list
  • socializing with friends
  • blogging
  • reading
  • eating dinner with the family
  • sitting up
  • going to church
  • walking on my treadmill
Power Boosts (smaller accomplishments to look forward to before then):  
  • Spring!
  • our now-weekly Whole Foods trips
  • finishing the cookbook and docent training
Hero Status:  Super Mommy Hungry!


No comments:

Post a Comment