Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Burdensome Inheritance
I don't ever want our kids to have to go through the crap we have in the basement. And, while I don't think my demise is imminent, I worry about what they'll do with their mothers' stuff. So, Mama and I have been cleaning out the basement. Our big reward? We're finishing it! Yep, we're going to empty and remodel half of it as a workshop. Call it the creative zone, with their easel, all of our hobby and craft stuff, plus some dramatic play stuff (kitchen, doll stuff, train table, dollhouse, workbench??) and a couch. The playroom on the main floor will stay a playroom; we're just not sure what it will include. And the "office" on the second floor will be our library, with all the books brought up from the basement and the 1st floor. We talked about relegating all kids' stuff to the basement but it isn't in our family style to segregate kid from adult like that and so we are organizing the rooms based on use not family members. It's all in the planning stages, probably won't get it started until the beginning of June. But, hopefully, it will accomplish two things at once: provide us a little more living space and eliminate a little more stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment