- The immediate ban on refugees from seven Muslim countries
- Bannon on National Security Council, Chairman of Joint Chiefs out
- The gag order for the EPA, USDA, National Park Service
- The ban on funding for international health programs that offer abortion
- Pulling out of the Pacific Trade partnership
- Building the wall
- Restarting DAPL
- Gutting "Obamacare"/ACA
- Government hiring freeze
- Deleting the LGBT page and climate change page from wh.gov
- Going after the NEA/NEH, Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- Also the Endangered Species Act
- Obsession with size of his inaugural crowds and voter fraud
- Ignoring the Women's March
- Not divesting from his companies
- Not releasing his taxes
- "Alternative facts"
I know that dear old Mr. Rogers said, in times of emergency, to look to the helpers. Here are just a few:
- Dan Rather's News and Guts
- The 2.9 million people at various Women's Marches in the U.S. (and on all seven continents!), including numerous people I know
- Plans for marches by scientists, LGBT pride, and more.
- The alt nps twitter feed
- New Yorkers rushing to JFK to help detained Muslim travelers
And so, the first week is over. I wonder if all of his announcements and executive orders are a strategy to overwhelm and exhaust democrats, liberals, the opposition. And I am overwhelmed and exhausted by the election and the new presidency.
And I haven't yet figured what to do exactly, besides petitions and phone calls and donations. But I'm still paying attention.
And I won't be silent.
Stay woke, as they say, people.