Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Making History

It's an historic day--in an hour or so, I'll take the kids to watch me vote for Hillary Clinton.  Most of the time, I'm pretty sure she'll win, but then I stumble across a dark bit of the country that cheers on the racism, sexism, privilege, and aggression of Trump and I worry.  It's been a long election; it's going to be a long day.  I mostly expect Trump not to concede and to tie up the process for awhile.  And I have no illusions that when Clinton is elected, she will get much done with a hostile congress--they've already said they won't confirm any Supreme Court nominees.  But I'll worry about that tomorrow.  Today, I'm embracing the significance of a female president.  I just can't decide if I shoudl wear white in honor of suffrage or a pantsuit!  (And I don't have a white pantsuit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment