And we saw so many church friends! The kids said several people they didn't know came up and said, "You've gotten so big!" It was 11 years ago at this event that we debuted the twins, over-dressed for the fall day, and introduced them to the church that had supported us so. How time flies! Our friends, who just had a baby about 2 months ago, similarly brought their newborn to the fair--also overdressed in a fleece bunny suit for the 69F day. I think it must just be new parenthood. But she was very sweet looking, just like ours were.
Good memories, good times.
There will be a whole bunch of fall fun in the coming weeks--and Gommie and Pop arrive this weekend!
Fall Fun Possibilities
- Applepalooza (our family fall open house, with apple desserts)
- Apple picking
- Decorate a pumpkin
- Make apple or pumpkin butter
- Church in-gathering celebration--this was last weekend
- Florence Griswold Museum Wee Faerie Village (the month of October)
- Make faerie houses
- School Open House
- Gommie and Pop visit
- Vermont vacation
- Make a leaf pile
- Make leaf roses
- historic house fall tours
- Go to Fantastic Beasts movie (November)
- Trick or treat
- Backyard fire with foil dinners and s'mores
- Tent in the backyard
- Prepare Halloween costumes
- Boo gifts for friends
- Amish Friendship bread
- Brandied fruit--it's fermenting on the counter
- Nature walk or bike ride
- Kiddos go to Nature's Classroom
- Mama goes to Celestial Navigation course
- Girl Scout "mountain" hike and tree study
- Kellogg's Olympic Gymnasts' tour
- Installation of the new minister
- Paint pinecones
- Explore sourdough bread recipes
- Make pies
- Church Harvest festival--lovely time yesterday!
- Get out mittens, hats, scarves, sweaters, etc.
- Pull out quilts and blankets
- Change fire alarm batteries