Friday, July 15, 2016

A New Toy

Yep, the family has a new toy.

Actually, I have two new toys.

All of us are playing Pokemon, the app that's taken the world by storm.  I should specify that I'm not really playing--Sis is playing on my phone.  It certainly makes riding in the car more fun--she plays in the backseat while I drive.  But we've also walked around the neighborhood and the town green a few times, with dozens of other people, staring into their phones, not talking to anyone.  It looks like a scene out of Doctor Who, when everyone stops to listen to their ear pieces; it's kind of creepy.  Mama has played with Bud and Sis, too.

The other new toy I have is the DragonVale app.  Mama and the kids have been playing for a long time, years even, for Mama.  But I'm not much for games.  The only other ones I've even tried are Mario Kart and Splattoon.  But Bud was so excited to show me how it all worked that I downloaded it on my phone and have been dabbling ever since.  I'm not really into advantageous breeding of dragons or the like, but I do like decorating the little island--I have a rose garden, flower beds, a thatched cottage, and a half-timbered building.  And the dragons are cute when they're small.

I guess I've finally entered the 21st century.

1 comment:

  1. Believe this. 64 years married on Monday. I think I got the better end of the deal.

    ReplyDelete