Monday, April 27, 2015

Thoughts and Prayers

Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Nepal and the climbers on Everest.  It is horrifying to see the pictures and read of the disaster, both for the people and the historic monuments.

Touched by Mama's short descriptions of the disaster, the kids donated money from their reserves--all of their Chinese New Year money plus some.  So sweet and generous.  I was very proud of them.  We donated it to Save the Children.

More than any other natural disaster, earthquakes terrify me with their sudden, unpredictable occurrence and complete and total destruction--if you can't rely on the ground, what can you count on?  I laughingly joke that I won't go to California until after the "big one."  But I'm only sort of joking.

No comments:

Post a Comment