Thursday, August 28, 2014

Lost My Cookies

The recipe had nuts, cardamom, and orange zest.  And it was a snowball cookie, with which I like to experiment.

And I promptly forgot where it was.

I remember seeing the recipe in a magazine, or could it have been on FB?  Definitely not Pinterest. Well, almost definite.  But I knew it was in the house or that I had access to it.  I started looking--Saveur, Cook's Illustrated, Cook's Country, NYTimes, Taste of Home--both hard copy and online without finding anything.  And similar versions I found online through general searches weren't as tempting.

Today, I found it.  By accident.

I was sorting through magazines today, including a new subscription to Tea Time, and found the recipe.  It was walnuts, not almonds, as I had thought; I probably made the substitution in my head, because I like almonds better.

And so here it is.

I imagine I'll be making them for Christmas this year.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-cookies

Walnut-Cardamom Snowball Cookies
2 cups salted butter, softened
2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon orange extract
3 3/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup finely chopped walnuts (NB substitute almonds!)

1 comment: