Sunday, June 15, 2014

Slow Family Weekend

You've heard of Slow Food or Slow Medicine?  Well, we were practicing "Slow Family" this weekend.  Mama's back is acting up--at first we thought it was a hamstring pull, but a trip to the doctor confirmed it was a back issue.  Too much driving?  Too much sitting?  End-of-school stress?  She's already on the mend, with the help of meds and some PT on Saturday morning.

So we haven't been doing too much.  She and I watched both "Bletchley Circle" and Reds 2 on Friday, enjoying them both immensely.  We also started the ABC family drama, "Switched at Birth," that includes several deaf characters and lots of ASL--the show was recommended by my ASL teacher so that I can practice watching someone sign, in addition to practicing myself.

As a family, we watched The Addams Family, which inspired my long movie list posting earlier.  Both Mama and I fell asleep watching.  We've also watched parts of several World Cup games.

And then this morning, to give Mama a change of scenery and to test her activity level, we all went to the movies today to see How to Train Your Dragon 2 because we loved the first one.  This one was as visually stunning and more weighty, with a sad death towards the end.  I cried.  But we still loved it.

To go along with all of this, we've ordered out Chinese, eaten the leftovers, gotten take-out from Bloodroot, and I made chili.

All in all, a good weekend.

Even the cats think so--they love having a warm Mama to cuddle against all day!


No comments:

Post a Comment